Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Dotted Line

Hi, my name is Hank.

ME: Are you nervous?
DAVIS: I don't get nervous. I'm Davis.

We're sitting in Davis' lawyer's office. The owner of Prisms is seated across the table.

MICK: I can't believe you're doing this to me, Davis.
DAVIS: It's just business, Mick.
MICK: After all these years--
DAVIS: Slice is a classy establishment. It brings something to the city. To the gay community here. Prisms is what this town THINKS gay life is like here. I want to change that.
MICK: You want to kill your competition.
DAVIS: That's your opinion.
MICK: You sound like our old mayor.

Davis asked me along in case Mick brought some goons to rough him up, but it was pretty clear this guy is a broken man.

After getting a few investors onboard, Davis is ready to buy Prisms and tear the place down.

DAVIS: Time to sign, Mick.
MICK: Everybody in this town is going to want your head on a plate for this.
DAVIS: Won't be the first time. Now sign.

Mick took the pen, and with one signature--

MICK: Done.

--John Davis just shut down Prisms.

No comments: