Thursday, March 4, 2010

Going Offline

Hi, my name is Davis.

ADAMSAPPLE: You're sooo cute ;)

I'm about to f**king lose it.

I went over Joey's place to have dinner. It was supposed to be our big reunion dinner, but plans changed when I spilled some wine on me.

JOEY: Go throw on a t-shirt in my room.

His computer was up, and there it was--

A conversation he'd been having with Adam.

KIDJO: I'm so sorry you walked in on me and Davis at Nathan's party.
ADAMSAPPLE: Hey, it's cool. Be with whoever you want.
KIDJO: I don't know what I want--I think I want you.

Oh wait, it gets better.

KIDJO: I think about kissing you all the time.

The words started to jump out at me.

"All the time"
"Kiss"
"I want you"

VOICE: Davis, are you okay?

When I went back into the living room, Joey was out on the patio. I walked right up to him and slapped him across the face.

ME: Are you trying to make a fool out of me?
JOEY: You hit me.
ME: Oh, shut up. I slapped you. You're lucky I didn't knock your--
VOICE: Hey!

I turned around to see Ritchie coming towards me.

RITCHIE: Did you just slap him?
ME: This is private.
RITCHIE: The hell it is. Get out.
ME: Back off, Ritchie.
RITCHIE: This is my apartment too, and you're leaving.
JOEY: Ritchie, it's--
RITCHIE: He's gone.

He tried to grab me, and I was so full of adrenaline, I pulled him into me instead, and flung him to the side.

JOEY: Davis, no!

He went right over the side of the patio.

Three floors down.

I looked at Joey.

JOEY: Davis, what did you do?

Oh God...

I killed Ritchie.

No comments: