Saturday, March 20, 2010

Broken Glass

Hi, my name is Hank.

DAVIS: How's the party?
ME: It's just a bunch of sluts making out and getting drunk.
DAVIS: So basically, it's a hit?
ME: Yeah, basically.

Davis sent me over to Ritchie's club to see how his Thursday Night Special was going. I'd love to say that my place of employment was the place to be, but Ritchie's club was killing Slice, and I could tell Davis was worried.

DAVIS: Well, I have something that might even the score.
ME: Oh yeah? What?

That was when the windows blew out.

It felt like an earthquake, or--

DAVIS: Was that a bomb?

We ran out the door, and looked across the street, where Ritchie's club is--

--or was--

The entire front of it looked like it was ripped off, and some parts of it were on fire.

ME: Oh wow--

Davis grabbed me.

DAVIS: Who was in there?
ME: Uh, Ritchie, uh--
DAVIS: Was Jeremy in there?
ME: Yeah, everybody. Everybody was in there.

Davis started running across the street.

ME: Davis, the place looks like it's going to collapse!

And then I remembered what he said--

'I have something that might even the score.'

Is this what he meant?

No comments: