Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Intervention

Hi, my name is Jackson.

ME: Can I help you?

I walked into my apartment to find Billy, Eli, Ritchie, Hank, Ben, Nathan, Carter, and my brother sitting in my living room.

ME: This is what I get for letting Paige have my spare key.
JEREMY: Have a seat, Jackson.
ME: Is this a summit?
BEN: No, this is an intervention.
ME: Haha--are you kidding?
NATHAN: Jackson, how could you do that?
ME: Do what?
CARTER: What you did to Billy.

I looked over at Billy.

The little f**k ratted me out.

Fine, why not go down fighting then?

ME: You mean why did I give him the best sex of his life?
JEREMY: Do you have any respect for me at all?
ME: This coming from the guy who tossed me out of my apartment.
JEREMY: You felt that raping my boyfriend was an acceptable response?

I laughed.

ME: You're kidding, right?
HANK: You're a sick bitch, Jackson.
ME: F**k off, Cyclops.
HANK: What did you say?
JEREMY: Hank, calm down!
BILLY: Why are you telling him to calm down? Shouldn't you be upset too?
JEREMY: What do you want me to do? Hit him? I've hit him before. Nothing seems to work. That's why we're here.

Enough of this. I turned to Ritchie.

ME: Ritchie, you walked in on us. Did it look like I was raping Billy?
RITCHIE: I don't remember.
ME: You don't remember me assaulting Billy? Wow, it must have been really bad then.
ELI: He was, like, totally out of it on drugs.
ME: Wow, too bad you weren't around to take advantage, huh, Eli?
ELI: HEY!

Jeremy held up his hands and everybody got quiet.

JEREMY: He's trying to bait us. That's what he does. He baits people.
NATHAN: Did you even think about me?
ME: Did you think about me when you transferred to--
JEREMY: Stop! That's it. We're done. We're going to the police, and from this point on, Jackson, you're on your own.
ME: Good luck writing out that police report.

I started to walk out of my apartment again. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I really didn't care either.

VOICE: Wait.

I turned around. Everybody was looking at Ritchie.

RITCHIE: You were smiling.

He was looking at Billy.

RITCHIE: I remember...

Looking right at him.

RITCHIE: You were smiling.

Bingo.

No comments: