Monday, March 29, 2010

Mark It Down

Hi, my name is Billy.

KURT: You know, changing the floor is a lot better when you can have sex halfway through it.

My boyfriend, Kurt, and I were the last ones left in the store we work at. Needless to say, we had a little fun on the discard pile.

ME: That was cool.
KURT: Just cool?
ME: Cool is pinnacle for me. Nobody gets 'cool' from me.
KURT: And I got a 'cool?'
ME: Yup.
KURT: Amazing. Anyone else ever get a 'cool?'

Jeremy.

ME: Uh...nope.
KURT: Awesome.

Kurt is really sensitive when it comes to Jeremy. He knows that we meant a lot to each other, and he worries that he won't live up to the hype.

To be honest, sometimes I worry about it too.

KURT: So, I want to talk to you about something.
ME: No, I do not think we can, in good faith, redistribute that sweater after--
KURT: No, it's about us.

Oh boy.

KURT: Look, being in that explosion really changed things for me. I have a whole new outlook on life now. I want to seize it. I want to embrace it.
ME: You want to eat sushi in land-locked states?
KURT: Huh?
ME: That was...a joke.

A Jeremy joke.

KURT: I want to get married.

WHAT?!

ME: Kurt--
KURT: I know, it's crazy. We haven't known each other that long, but I love you.
ME: I...

I don't--

ME: I love you, too.
KURT: So--let's do this? Right?

If he had just asked, I could have said 'No.' But the way he said, 'Right?'

It was like--

ME: Sure.

It was just like that.

Looks like I'm getting married.

No comments: