Saturday, March 6, 2010

Celebrity

Hi, my name is Carter.

VOICE: Oh my God!

I decided to go out after being in the hospital with Ritchie then at home with Ben trying to get him to relax.

Hank and I stopped by Prisms for a drink.

HANK: Carter, why is that guy pointing at you?
ME: Maybe he's never seen a black guy before?
HANK: We're not in Connecticut, Carter.

The guy came up to me while his two friends stood right behind him.

RANDOM GUY: Aren't you Mr. C?

Oh no.

ME: Uh...I don't know who that is.
RANDOM GUY: You totally are! Oh my God, I've watched your movie like--
HANK: Movie?
RANDOM GUY: Yeah. ' "C" is for-- '

I jumped off the bar stool and ran downstairs.

Tex was running the bar next to the dance floor.

ME: Hey Tex.
TEX: Hey Mr. Celebrity.
ME: Huh?
TEX: Check out the screen behind me.

And there I was--on both televisions above the downstairs bar.

On the screen, I was just making my exit.

MR. C: And maybe the next time we meet, YOU can hold the lasso.

From behind me, I heard applauding.

I turned around to see Hank standing there with a smile on his face.

HANK: Bravo, Mr. C.

Wow, fame really does suck.

No comments: