Thursday, March 4, 2010

E.R.

Hi, my name is Ben.

BILLY: He fell three flights?

Ritchie's not dead.

JACKSON: Luckily the hedges broke his fall.
PAIGE: That or he's not human.
ME: Let's not rule anything out.

We were in the hospital waiting to see him.

Davis was being questioned by the police regarding Ritchie's fall, but the rest of us were talking about something else entirely.

PAIGE: I can't believe Davis hit Joey.
JEREMY: Paige, he didn't really hit him--
PAIGE: Oh my God, are you defending him?
JACKSON: Of course he is. It's Davis.
JEREMY: It was a SLAP. Not a hit. And it's not like he...

Silence.

PAIGE: Not like he what? Hit a woman? So that makes it okay?
JEREMY: I didn't say that.
BILLY: Guys, let's just calm down.
JACKSON: Jeremy, you can't slap OR hit the person you're dating.
JEREMY: I'm pretty sure you've slapped your fair share of people, Jackson.
JACKSON: This isn't about me.
JEREMY: How convenient.
PAIGE: HE THREW SOMEONE OFF A PATIO!

Everyone turned and looked at Paige.

Luckily, the moment was broken by Adam walking into the waiting room.

ADAM: Is he okay?

Davis saw Adam and lunged. It took almost all of us to restrain him, and the cops had to take him out and put him in a police car.

PAIGE: Still think he's the wounded party?
JEREMY: Fuck off, Paige.

Everyone gasped. Jeremy barely ever says stuff like that.

Joey came out of Ritchie's room.

JOEY: He can see us now.

Jeremy walked up to Joey and slapped him across the face. More gasping.

JEREMY: Everyone else may think you're a victim, but I don't. You're a nasty, manipulative, promiscuous little bitch who ruins everything he touches.
ADAM: Jeremy, get away from him.
JOEY: You always defend Davis.
JEREMY: Yeah, and you just fuck him.
BILLY: Jeremy, you're out of line.
JEREMY: SHUT UP, BILLY!

Billy shrank back looking really hurt.

Jeremy pointed his finger right at Joey.

JEREMY: If he goes to jail because you can't keep your dick in your pants and not parade it around town, I'll kill you myself, and this time you'll stay dead. Got it?

He started to walk away, then turned around.

JEREMY: Oh, and by the way, that bald patch on your head is really starting to grow. You should look into that.

Holy shit.

Jeremy just became a full-blown queen.

VOICE: We have a trauma here!

I turned around to see a guy on a gurney coming through the double doors.

Suddenly, I was back in Los Angeles...

DOCTOR: What's his name?
ME: Uh...Taylor...he, uh...
DOCTOR: SPEAK, KID, SPEAK!
ME: He got shot!
DOCTOR: How?
ME: Me! I shot him! I shot him!

That was when I snapped out of it, and realized I was still screaming.

ME: I SHOT HIM! I SHOT HIM!

Jackson ran over to me, and grabbed me.

JACKSON: Ben, what are you talking about? Who did you shoot?

I couldn't catch my breath. I fell to the ground.

PAIGE: Somebody help!

The last thing I saw was that image in my mind of Taylor.

Laying on a gurney.

Blood...everywhere.

No comments: