Monday, March 15, 2010

Opposites Attract

Hi, my name is Ben.

PAIGE: Take me for what I ammm...

Karaoke makes me want to kill myself.

CARTER: And if you give a damn--

But it's Spring Break, and everybody wanted to celebrate it by going out.

ME: How's Davis doing?
JEREMY: Well, instead of having a total mental break, he's thrown himself into his work. He's practically sleeping at the club now.
HANK: As opposed to just sleeping with everybody who goes there.
JEREMY: C'mon, Hank. The poor guy found out his ex-boyfriend was sleeping with half the town.
BILLY: That reminds me. When is Joey going to stop being persona non grata?

We all looked two tables down--and there were Joey and Adam, sitting by themselves.

JEREMY: Personally, I don't care if I never talk to him again.
ELI: Someone got HARSH.
BILLY: I guess messing with Davis is a venial sin.
JEREMY: I'd be the same way if anybody messed with you.
BILLY: You would?
ME: Hey, where's Jackson been? I haven't seen him in forever.
HANK: Yeah, me either.

Billy looked uncomfortable when we mentioned Jackson.

JEREMY: I guess him and Billy got into a fight and--
BILLY: Could we not talk about this anymore, please?

He got up and walked away from the table.

JEREMY: Sorry guys. He's been really--

Just then Paige and Carter sat down, and the DJ called the next singer.

DJ: Let's get Jeremy and Ben up here!
ME and JEREMY: What?
CARTER: I put a song in for you guys.
ME: Why?
CARTER: I thought it would be fun.
DJ: C'mon guys! Get up here!

I was really hoping it was at least a song about friendship or--

DJ: Doing 'Opposites Attract,' this is Ben and Jeremy.

Damn.

Jeremy seemed a little more willing that I was. He takes these things in stride, that's why I like him.

About a minute into the song, we started having fun with it. We even got up on the bar, and did a few Coyote moves.

I looked down and saw that Billy had wandered back into the bar. He was looking at us like we were having going at it right there in front of everyone.

When we were done, we got down, and gave each other a hug.

It felt so good hugging him.

Then Jeremy looked at Billy.

JEREMY: What's wrong?
BILLY: I just...
JEREMY: I know something's been going on with you. What is it?
BILLY: It's Jackson.

Jackson?

BILLY: Jeremy, he assaulted me.

The bar was packed, but all I heard was silence.

No comments: