Friday, March 19, 2010

With a Bang

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

ME: I'd say my first big event is a success.

My club is hosting its first Thursday Special, and the place is packed. There's a line outside the door, and cash is practically falling from the ceiling.

JACKSON: Nice to have found your true calling, isn't it, Ritchie?
ME: My true calling is putting Davis out of business. Until that happens, my destiny is unfulfilled.
JACKSON: This feud is getting a little epic, don't you think?
ME: You're judging me for having a feud?
JACKSON: Pot, kettle, got it.
ME: Besides, the man threw me off a balcony. Sorry if I haven't quite gotten over it yet. Maybe when that new hip comes in--

Speaking of the devil, I poked my head out of the door, and there was Davis outside his lonely little club, Slice.

ME: That's just pitiful.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

JOEY: Ritchie, can I talk to you?
ME: Would this be about me kicking you out of the apartment?
JOEY: No, I actually wanted to say I like your decor.
ME: Wow, who taught you sarcasm?
JOEY: Why did you kick me out?
ME: Because I don't feel like having that little tramp Adam hanging around, that's why. Now if you'll excuse me. I have a club to run.

I made my way up the stairs to the second floor where I could look down on all the people dancing.

There was Jackson talking to some cute boy probably born after the millennium change. There were Joey and Adam, figuring out where they're going to have sex now. Billy had brought his new boyfriend--some guy named Kurt. Nathan had brought a bunch of the kids from RIC. Carter and Eli were dancing on the bar like two veritable skank tanks.

It was just like old times.

VOICE: Congratulations, Ritchie.

I turned around to see Jeremy and Ben.

BEN: The place looks great.
ME: How did Davis' place look?
JEREMY: Honestly--dead.
ME: Fantastic.
BEN: You're going to kill his livelihood.
ME: No, I think syphilis will end up doing that.
JEREMY: I'll let you have your victory tonight, Ritchie. You earned it.
ME: Damn right, I did.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hank darting out the door of the club.

ME: What the hell was Hank doing here? He works for--

And that was when I felt the explosion come out from underneath me.

The glass shattered.
There was screaming.

Then everything--

--Went black.

No comments: