Monday, March 22, 2010

Triage

Hi, my name is Adam.

ME: Is he alive?

Joey was being wheeled into the E.R. at Providence Hospital, and he wasn't conscious.

VOICE: Adam!

I turned around to see Ritchie coming towards me.

RITCHIE: How is he?
ME: I don't know.
DOCTOR: I need you two to wait outside.

I couldn't remember what happened. One minute I was dancing with Joey, and then I felt this burst of--

RITCHIE: You son-of-a-bitch!

I turned around and there was Hank.

RITCHIE: You did this, didn't you?
HANK: What are you talking about?
RITCHIE: I saw you leaving the club.
HANK: Davis sent me in there to see how you were--
RITCHIE: So Davis is responsible for this?

A police officer running by stopped.

POLICE OFFICER: It was a gas leak.
RITCHIE: What?
POLICE OFFICER: A gas leak. In the back room.

Ritchie looked like he was going to lose it.

RITCHIE: So this is my fault.
ME: Ritchie, it was just an accident. It--
VOICE: I NEED HELP HERE!

We all looked at the E.R. doors to see Davis bust through them holding Jeremy--or was it Jackson?

DAVIS: SOMEBODY HELP!

Two E.M.T.'s came racing up to Davis. He looked like he was going to collapse once they took the body from him. Hank ran up to him, and took him by the arm.

HANK: Davis, who--
DAVIS: I don't know. I think it was--

The doors flew open again.

There was--

JEREMY: Where's my brother?

Davis grabbed him and hugged him. Jeremy hugged him back, but then pulled away.

JEREMY: Where's Jackson?
DAVIS: They just took him in--

Jeremy started running.

HANK: This is insane.

VOICE: CAN I GET A DOCTOR HERE?
ME: What now?

Another body on a gurney went wheeling past me.

A doctor met it as it was going past.

DOCTOR: All right, let's get him into Room 2. We just lost one, and I don't want to lose anybody else tonight.

Lost one?

Who did they lose?

No comments: