Monday, March 29, 2010

The Inbox

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

ADAM: Hey Ritchie.

This is my new semi-roommate.

ME: Hello Adam.

Joey moved back in, and he brought Adam with him.

I could kick, scream, and shout, but Joey is convinced that I set fire to my club and he has evidence that could definitely make it look that way, so for the time being, I have to suck it up.

At least, on the surface.

ME: Hey, my laptop is broken. Do you think I could use Joey's?
ADAM: Um, I don't know. He gets picky about that.
ME: Well, I'll use it right in front of you. I just need to check my Facebook.
ADAM: Uh, okay. I guess if you're going to use it right here.

I sat down next to Adam.

Come on, Joey, I thought. Be the little slimy heartbreaker I know you can be.

ME: Okay--
ADAM: Um, you're on Joey's Facebook.
ME: You're right. I should--Oops, I'm in his Sent box.
ADAM: Ritchie, stop.
ME: Is this a message to Davis?
ADAM: You need to--Wait, let me see that.

Look at that. Joey was telling Davis that he misses him.

ADAM: He slapped him across the face!
ME: Maybe he's into that sort of thing.
ADAM: Hey!
ME: Yeah, I guess I would know. The walls in this place are so thin and--

The door to the apartment opened, and Joey walked in.

ME: Hi Joey.
JOEY: What are you two doing?
ADAM: Looking at your slutty messages to Davis.

Well, what do you know?

I missed having roommates after all.

No comments: