Monday, March 29, 2010

A Perfect Match

Hi, my name is Joey.

RITCHIE: Look who's back.

I needed to see Ritchie.

ME: I need to move back in with you.
RITCHIE: What's the matter? Not enjoying dorm life with Adam?
ME: I need my own place. I can't move back in with my family.
RITCHIE: Then you better figure something out.
ME: I already have.

I threw down my smoking gun.

RITCHIE: Matches? Sorry Joey, I gave up smoking.
ME: Was that before or after you set your club on fire?

His face fell. I had him.

ME: You dropped these matches at the club the night of the explosion. I picked it up. How much do you want to bet the match they found outside the boiler room that set off the explosion has your finger prints on it? Now if someone were to suggest it to the police--
RITCHIE: Why would I light my own club on fire?
ME: For the insurance money. I guess you didn't think it was going to cause that gas mane to blow. You were hoping there'd be more time for all of us to get out. Now Carter's dead and I think you should pay.

I started to walk towards the door, but he stopped me--

Of course.

RITCHIE: You can move back in here.
ME: Rent free?
RITCHIE: Are you out of--

I held up the matches.

RITCHIE: Fine.
ME: Adam's moving in too.

He looked like I punched him in the gut.

ME: You're right. Dorm life isn't for me.

I walked out.

Wow. It feels good being a bitch.

No comments: