Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mr. Slugworth

Hi, my name is Hank.

RITCHIE: Come to check out the hottest new club in town, Hank?

In a manner of speaking, I am.

DAVIS: I want you to infiltrate Ritchie's club and sabotage the place.
ME: I don't believe this was in my job description as bouncer.
DAVIS: I'll double your salary.
ME: I think I just heard my job description expand.

So here I am at Ritchie's.

RITCHIE: I can't let you in.
ME: Why not?
RITCHIE: You work for Davis.
ME: Yeah, but I hate him. Plus, it's my night off. I'm not going to my own club on my night off.

I saw Ritchie consider it, and then he stepped aside and let me inside the club.

People trust me--it's always a big mistake on their part.

Once I was in, it was clear that I wouldn't have to do much to empty the place.

ME: Hey.
CLUB RAT: Hey.
ME: Did you hear that Slice is doing karaoke tonight.
CLUB RAT: I don't do karaoke.
ME: That's too bad. The first prize is a thousand bucks.
CLUB RAT: Are you serious?!?
ME: Yup.
CLUB RAT: Oh, I'm outta here!

After I cleared the dance floor, I made my way around to the bathrooms.

VOICE: Oh damn!

That was when I hit pay dirt.

ME: Hey Ritchie, you might want to put up more posters. Your club is cleared out.
RITCHIE: Thanks, Hank. Now could you close the door?
ME: Sure thing. Nice seeing you, Joey.
JOEY: Nice seeing you, Hank.

A little blackmail material is always good for business.

No comments: