Friday, March 26, 2010

The Gingerbread Man

Hi, my name is Ben.

ME: Hello, this is Ben.

The past has finally found me.

TAYLOR'S VOICE: Hello Ben.

Taylor...

-- LOS ANGELES, LAST YEAR --

I had no idea when I went down there that he was into...

TAYLOR: Film.

...Film.

TAYLOR: I want you to be my new star, Benny Boy.

I wasn't interested, but when I tried walking out on him--

TAYLOR: And what about that little tape we made?

He had gotten us on tape--the first night I went out there.

TAYLOR: I'd hate for that to get out.

So I hung around, but he agreed to let me wait before I starred in my first big movie.

In the meantime, we did other stuff.

Mostly coke.

TAYLOR: Good to know you're not as prude as you look, Ben.

Then one night, we did too much.

...or rather, Taylor did too much...

We were out by his pool and he passed out.

...Right on the side of the pool.

One little kick--

SPLASH

--And he was facedown floating.

And I ran.

-- PROVIDENCE, TODAY --

ME: What do you want?
TAYLOR: I want to have a little meeting with you.
ME: No chance.
TAYLOR: Are you sure? What about our little--
ME: Release the video. I don't care. You're not going to blackmail me.
TAYLOR: And what about your friends? Do you think I could blackmail them?

What was he--

TAYLOR: Eli, for example.

That's why he went on that date with Eli.

TAYLOR: And those unreleased movies your friend Carter did.
ME: You sick--
TAYLOR: I'd hate to tarnish his memory.

He had me. I didn't want him embarrassing Carter. When he was alive, I wouldn't have cared, but the kid should rest in peace.

ME: Where do you want to meet?
TAYLOR: How about in your boyfriend's bedroom? That's where I am now.

Silence.

ME: What are you--
TAYLOR: Hey, I had to have a back-up plan in case the tapes didn't work. Your boy fell for the old, 'I'm here to check the pipes' trick. Can you believe it? Then again, I am a cute twenty-something guy. I do tend to slip in wherever I want.
ME: Leave Jackson alone. He's--
TAYLOR: Jackson? Why that naughty boy. He told me his name was Jeremy. I'm going to have to punish him for that.

He doesn't even realize Jackson is in the bedroom.

He's got both of them.

TAYLOR: See you when you get here, Benny Boy.

And he hung up.

Looks like Taylor and I were finally going to settle up our old debts.

No comments: