Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Strictly Business

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

JEREMY: Ritchie, are you sure you're okay to--
ME: I'm fine, Jeremy. Relax.

I decided I wanted to go out for a night on the town, and that included a stop at Slice to see my old friend Davis.

Ever since I got pushed off my balcony two weeks ago, I've been wondering how I was going to make Jeremy pay for nearly killing me and hitting Joey.

Then it occurred to me.

ME: Hello Davis.

I was going to hit him where it hurts most.

DAVIS: Hi Ritchie, nice to see you out.
JEREMY: Davis, do you have something you might want to say to Ritchie?
DAVIS: Like what?
JEREMY: Like 'Sorry I almost killed you?'
DAVIS: He stuck his nose in where it didn't belong.
JEREMY: Davis!
DAVIS: Hey, he's still moving, isn't he?
ME: Oh, you bet I'm moving.

I handed him my business card.

ME: Right across the street.

Davis read my card and laughed.

DAVIS: Del Fuego? What's this?
ME: My new business venture.
JEREMY: A club?
ME: Not just any club. The hottest new gay club in Providence. I'm going to put this little shitshow right out of business.
JEREMY: Ritchie, where did you get the money for this?
ME: I had some savings put aside from when I was on tour, and I managed to get a few investors. Turns out a lot of people aren't fans of Mr. Davis in this town.
JEREMY: Oh God, Ritchie--
ME: I even got the Wilde Blog's support.

It wasn't that hard seeing as how I write for it now.

Davis looked at me, then ripped up my card and tossed it in the air.

DAVIS: Looks like I'm not too worried.

I just smiled, and counted to three.

That was when the lights went off.

DAVIS: What the hell?
ME: Looks like somebody knows somebody down at the electric company. Have fun playing in the dark, Davis. With your clientele, it might actually be an upside.

I walked out and across the street.

It was time to get down to business.

No comments: