Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Trip to the Mall

Hi, my name is Jeremy.

GUNMAN: Keep walking.
JACKSON: We're walking. We're walking.

My siblings and I are currently being held hostage in the middle of Providence.

PAIGE: How is it that we haven't walked by anybody?
JACKSON: Because he set off a bomb a block from Prisms that knocked out power all over the city. I don't think anybody's paying attention to us.
ME: Where are we going?
GUNMAN: I thought we'd do some shopping.
PAIGE: Really?
JACKSON: Something tells me he's kidding, Paige.

Nevertheless, we were walking towards the mall.

Once we were inside, I looked for a security guard who might be able to help us, but he took us through the parking garage entrance, and his gun was concealed so we might have just looked like a group of kids going to catch a late-night movie.

Once we reached the top floor of the garage, the gunman seemed to be looking around for something.

JACKSON: What now? Are you going to make us jump?
ME: Don't give him any ideas.

The gunman just laughed.

GUNMAN: I thought you might want to know who you've been spending all this time with first.

And that's when he removed the mask.

PAIGE: What the--?

And suddenly everything started making sense.

No comments: