Monday, January 30, 2012

Meanwhile in the Closet...

Hi, my name is Jackson.

PAIGE: You're supposed to keep your arms stiff when somebody's tying you up. That way you can loosen the rope once they're gone.
ME: Then why didn't you keep your arms stiff?
PAIGE: I tried, but I got tired.

My non-biological sister and I are trapped in the supply closet in the basement of Prisms.

The crazed gunman had tied us to a chair.

PAIGE: We should keep screaming for help.
ME: No way. I'll damage my vocal cords. Karaoke night is in two days and the theme is Backstreet Boys. I'm not taking any chances.
PAIGE: So what do we do?
ME: See if there's anything sharp we can--

But then, the door opened--

PAIGE: Jeremy?

--And it was still like looking right into a mirror.

JEREMY: Jesus, what did you do to your hair?
ME: That's the first thing you say to me after five years?
JEREMY: Miss me?
ME: I'd slap you if my hands weren't tied.
PAIGE: Yay! We're a family again!

Paige always has to look on the bright side.

My long-gone brother untied us but there were all sorts of noises coming from upstairs.

JEREMY: We have to make sure everybody got out.
ME: No chance. If they don't run from an explosion and a guy with a gun, then whatever happens next is simple evolution.

We managed to make it out the basement door just as the entire structure collapsed behind us.

PAIGE: That was close.

Then I heard the click.

We turned around to see the gunman, still masked, pointing his weapon right at us.

GUNMAN: You're right--pretty close.

And the adventure continues.

No comments: