Sunday, January 22, 2012

We're All Going In

Hi, my name is Adam.

ME: What do you mean you're not going in?

Davis had just informed us that after spending all night reuniting the CBQ's, he was going to sit back and let us all risk our lives while he stayed outside.

DAVIS: I'm the Mayor. I can't walk into a hostage situation.
RITCHIE: I'm doing it, and I'm a celebrity.
DAVIS: You're a talk show host.
RITCHIE: I'm syndicated.

Jeremy grabbed Davis by the shoulders.

JEREMY: Davis, my brother is in there.
DAVIS: Jeremy, I understand that but--
JEREMY: Since when do you back away from a challenge?
VOICE: Since the entire city started relying on him.

We all turned around to see another blast from the past.

ME: Liam?
LIAM: You can call me, Mr. Davis.
JEREMY: But Davis is Davis.
LIAM: And I'm his husband.
ME: WHAT?
LIAM: And his campaign manager.
JEREMY: Is this a joke?
DAVIS: I'm...yeah, no.

Man, this town went to hell fast.

ME: Look Liam, we know that if the Mayor of Providence got killed, awful things would happen. All eight stores downtown would have to close for the day.
HANK: It would take them three hours to elect someone new.
BEN: Four hours to corrupt that guy--
DAVIS: Hey!
NATHAN: We didn't go through all this so Davis could back out.
DAVIS: Look, we'll send in another decoy. It'll be fine.
TONY: Then I'd have a friend!
KEN: I'll do it!
ALL: No!

This was spiraling out of control.

JOEY: Guys, he's not going to keep them in there forever.
BILLY: You're right. Eventually he's just going to start shooting.
JOEY: I meant, maybe one day he'll just let them go.
ME: I can't believe we dated.
JEREMY: Davis--
LIAM: The answer's no, Jeremy.
JEREMY: Fine.

He grabbed Liam's arm.

JEREMY: Then I guess we'll have to take somebody else from the good old days.
LIAM: What?
JEREMY: Maybe he'll like you better than Davis, Liam. You always managed to cause more trouble than him, and that's a real accomplishment.
LIAM: I'm too--I can't--Davis!
DAVIS: Well, it does seem like a nice alternative plan.
LIAM: I'll kill you for this.
ME: That'd be easier than a divorce.
JEREMY: Give me a bullhorn.

Someone handed it to him. Liam looked like he was going to vomit all over his cheap suit.

JEREMY: WE'RE COMING IN!

And as we walked through the doors of Prisms, the crowd that had gathered let out a roar.

And I wondered if it would be the last thing I'd ever hear.

No comments: