Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Q&A

Hi, my name is Adam.

BEN: I married Nathan, because I love him! Why else would you marry someone?

With this group, 'love' isn't always the obvious answer.

Most of us were still per-occupied with Billy, who'd just been shot in the arm.

Still, we had to stay focused or we'd be next in line for a bullet.

GUNMAN: So you stopped loving Jeremy?
BEN: You can't go by that book. Jeremy...exaggerated things.
JEREMY: Excuse me?
ME: Well, you did say I was five seven when I'm five eight. Everything else was pretty much true.
JEREMY: Ben, are you trying to say you had no--
NATHAN: Jeremy, relax. The lunatic is trying to bait us.
GUNMAN: I'm just trying to get the facts.
HANK: Who are you? Diane Sawyer?

The gunman fired a shot near Hank's foot.

HANK: HEY! I'M JUST SAYING!
RITCHIE: Why don't you let me ask some questions? I'm a professional. We can start with whether or not anybody here was touched inappropriately as a child.
KEN: Like before or after the age of nineteen?
GUNMAN: Don't worry, Ritchie. I'm in total control.
ME: So to speak.

He swung his gun around towards me.

I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

GUNMAN: You know, it's really hard to conduct this interview without Davis. I mean, he is pretty crucial to this group.
JOEY: He said he can't come in because he's the mayor.
GUNMAN: And this--

He pointed the gun at Liam.

GUNMAN: --is his campaign manager, isn't it?
ME: And his wife.
LIAM: Shut up, Adam!

The gunman laughed, then he looked into the camera.

GUNMAN: I'm giving Mayor Davis five minutes to get in here and join the party or he's going to need to find himself a new campaign manager.
ME: And a wife.
LIAM: SHUT UP!
GUNMAN: Five minutes.

I could almost hear the clock ticking in my head.

No comments: