Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rubble

Hi, my name is Hank.

ME: The floor's caving in!

Prisms is about to become a pile of rubble.

I ran over to Jeremy and grabbed him.

ME: We have to get out of here.
JEREMY: Where's Ritchie and Joey?
ADAM: They went after the gunman.
JEREMY: I still don't know where Jackson is!
ME: Jeremy, there's no time. It sounds like a bomb went off downstairs!

I started feeling shaking underneath my feet.

I'd had enough negotiating for the night.

ME: Adam, we're going. Come on.
JEREMY: Not without Paige and Jackson!

He tore away from me and ran towards the door.

I didn't want to see Jeremy die, but I sure as hell wasn't going to get killed trying to save him.

ME: Come on, Adam!

We ran to the fire door, and down the fire escape.

Outside, there was nothing but insanity.

The lights were out, it looked like there was smoke in the distance, and the second floor of Prisms was completely blown out.

ME: This is nuts.

I felt someone grab me by the shoulder.

BEN: Where's Jeremy?
ME: He's still in the--

But before I could finish, another bomb went off, and the rest of the building collapsed.

And then everyone started running.

No comments: