Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Hero

Hi, my name is Billy.

Boom!

The lights just went out.

The last thing I saw was Nathan pointing his gun at the guy holding us all hostage, who then pushed a button that would have seemingly detonated the bomb strapped to his chest, but instead, we heard an explosion outside somewhere, and all the lights went off in the building.

People started yelling.

I couldn't really focus. My arm was throbbing from where the gunman had shot me.

Then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

VOICE: We have to get you out of here.

I felt somebody pick me up, and carry me down the stairs and out of the building.

There were people running around everywhere, but the street lights were out. The gunman must have done something to the power throughout the city.

Some EMT's grabbed me, but I wanted to see who had gotten me out of the building safely.

Unfortunately, I was in and out of consciousness, and before I knew it. I'd passed out completely.

I could still feel the warmth in that person's arms though.

They felt so safe.

And it might ridiculous to say this, but...

It was the safest I'd felt in a long time.

No comments: