Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Guy in the Field

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

JOEY: Ritchie, is that you?

I wanted to do this alone, but I needed a cameraman.

ME: Joey, you're coming with me.
JOEY: I can't see anything.
ME: It sounds like there was an explosion outside. That must have knocked out the power.
JOEY: So we're not dead?
ME: Not yet.
JOEY: Oh--wait, what?

I saw the gunman take off down the stairs leading to the second floor of the club. I grabbed Joey by the arm, and pulled him downstairs.

JOEY: What are we doing?
ME: We have to find the gunman.
JOEY: Why?
ME: So we can find out who he is. I have to get him to take off the mask.
JOEY: Like in Phantom of the Opera?
ME: Sure. Let's go with that.

We made it to the second floor in time to see the gunman heading out the back stairway.

ME: Hey!

He turned around to look at me.

ME: Who's under the mask, huh?

At first I thought he was giving me the thumbs up, then I saw him hit the button again.

That's when the second bomb went off, and the second floor went crashing to the first.

No comments: