Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Let's Talk About the Past

Hi, my name is Ben.

GUNMAN: And we're live!

The past is my least favorite thing.

GUNMAN: Ladies and gentleman, you are watching the first CBQ Reunion in five years!

And now I was being forced to rehash it.

GUNMAN: So, let's get started.

At gun point, no less.

The crazy gunman had turned the third floor of Prisms into a talk show set using the camera Ritchie smuggled in, a few others he must have brought in himself.

We were all sitting in chairs waiting to see what his next surprise was going to be.

Jackson and Paige were still nowhere to be found.

JEREMY: I thought I was going to see my brother?
GUNMAN: As long as we put on a good show, you will.
ME: This is sick.
GUNMAN: Ben, I'm so glad you spoke up. My first question is for you. Why did you marry Nathan?

Oh damn.

NATHAN: We're not doing this.
GUNMAN: Oh, but we are.
NATHAN: No, we're not. We're not letting some masked maniac drag up the past just because you're a fan of that awful tv show based on the book Jeremy wrote.
JOEY: It actually wasn't that bad--
ALL: Shut up, Joey!
ADAM: Ask me a question. I have nothing to hide.
GUNMAN: That's exactly why I'm not asking you any questions.
BILLY: Ben, just tell him why you married Nathan so we can move on.
ME: I--

There's no way. Maybe if we weren't on television, but I couldn't--

That's when the gunman shot Billy in the arm.

A few of the guys went running towards the gunman, but that's when he opened his shirt.

HANK: Oh boy.

And there was the bomb.

GUNMAN: Now, let's try that again. Ben, why did you marry Nathan?

That's when I knew it was going to be a long night.

No comments: