Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Three to a Bed

Hi, my name is Billy.

ME: So is there anyone that isn't in love with you?

My boyfriend is suddenly a hot commodity.

Jeremy and I were getting ready for bed. He just disclosed to me that Nathan seems to have feelings for him.

JEREMY: I don't think my brother has the hots for me. Does that count?
ME: I'm so glad you think this is funny.
JEREMY: Billy, if you think I would date Nathan--
ME: That's not the point.
JEREMY: What other point is there?
ME: It makes me nervous.

He laughed and kissed me.

JEREMY: You think after two years of being madly in love with you, I'm just going to jump ship and hop on a skanky schooner?
ME: What about Davis?

That seemed to take him by surprise.

JEREMY: What about Davis?
ME: I saw the way you two looked at each other during the Never Have I Ever game.
JEREMY: We're best friends. We're fond of each other. We occasionally share moments of tenderness. Don't worry--it only happens once every seventy-five years.

Knock, knock.

Jeremy opened the door, and there was Davis--shirtless.

I forgot what an amazing body he has. Jeremy didn't seem to be too taken aback. Maybe I'm making too big a deal of that look during the game.

JEREMY: Can we help you, Mr. Tatum?
DAVIS: Oh, shut up. Can I crash in your bed tonight?
JEREMY: I want you to really think about that question.
ME: What's wrong with your bed?
DAVIS: It smells weird, and it was directly under a leak in the roof. It's either been rained on or sprinkled with dead raccoon's blood.
JEREMY: It can't be any worse than what's been spilled on your bed back home?
DAVIS: Look, we're all adults. Why can't we just share a bed?
ME: Davis, what if Jeremy and I were planning to be intimate tonight?
DAVIS: Hahaha--that's a good one.

He came in and closed the door behind him. Jeremy shot me a look to say--'It's up to you.'

ME: Fine. It's not like we all haven't gotten naked together before--weird as that is to think about.
JEREMY: Davis and I never got totally naked.
DAVIS: Mostly just under the pants action.
ME: Did you two date recently or in junior high?
JEREMY: Hit the lights, smartass.

It only took about ten minutes for me to fall asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling cold. Usually Jeremy keeps his arms around me, but not this time.

I looked over and saw Davis with his arms around Jeremy.

At first I was furious, then scared.

Does Jeremy like being the inside spoon?

Suddenly my mind was racing. Is Davis better for him than I am? Does he need to feel protected? Does he like the history they share? A history we don't...

I crept down the hall into Davis' room, and took his phone out of his coat pocket.

Then I went into the bathroom, and shut the door.

I had to make a call.

ME: Hi, is this Travis?

Something had to give--

ME: I know where your boyfriend is...

--And it sure as hell isn't going to be me.

No comments: