Wednesday, February 3, 2010

California Boy

Hi, my name is Ben.

VOICE: Well, hello.

I've been trying to get ahold of Eli since he told me that Taylor was alive, but I hadn't had any luck until--

ELI: Sorry I've been so biz. Life, love, lust, llamas--you know the drill.
ME: Eli, what--llamas?

Nathan was out getting dinner with Jeremy.

Jeremy still isn't speaking to me, but he's just fine and dandy with Nathan. I'm tempted to tell him that Nathan was fully aware that I was trying to break up him and Billy, but my credibility is shot.

I'm only hoping that I don't have to worry about more dead people coming back to life anytime soon.

ME: Eli, when you said Taylor--
ELI: Ugh, so done with him.
ME: Yes, but--
ELI: All he wanted to talk about was you. And call me old-fashioned, but when I'm giving head to a guy, I don't need him talking about one of my friends.
ME: Eli, Taylor's supposed to be dead!

Silence.

ELI: Uh...pardon me?

It was in California. Taylor and I had spiraled completely out of control. We were drunk every night. Other stuff was going down. Taylor was getting into drugs.

One night we went driving and--

Knock, Knock.

ME: Damn, that's probably Nathan. He left his keys here. Hang on a sec--

I opened the door.

ELI: Hanging.

And there was Eli.

No comments: