Monday, February 15, 2010

Live from Dover

Hi, my name is Carter.

JEREMY: Hey Carter, we're going out to get pizza.
ME: They have a pizza place here?
JEREMY: Well, technically it's in Maine, but if I go one more week without pizza, I'm going to start eating snow and speaking in tongues.
ME: I think I'll pass. I have to do some homework.
JEREMY: Homework?
ME: Yeah, just because I'm not at home doesn't mean I can't do it.
JEREMY: No, hey--that's great. I'll see you when we get back. Good luck with your homework. I think I'll go see if the Four Horsemen are here yet.

As soon as Jeremy left, I fired up my computer.

MADMAN26: Hey Carter.

I'd been chatting with Madman over the Internet since we got here, and tonight's going to be the first night I get to see him.

MADMAN26: Why don't you fire up that cam of yours?
ME: You first.
MADMAN26: Come on, I've had a rough day. I could use some entertainment.
ME: You've had a rough day? I've been stuck here in Dover.
MADMAN26: Dover, New Hampshire?
ME: Yeah.
MADMAN26: What are you doing there?
ME: Hiding out with some friends. This guy Travis is trying to find us.
MADMAN26: Sounds dangerous--that's hot.
ME: Yeah, I guess.
MADMAN26: Come on--give me a little show.

I want to say that I held out, but I guess I'm just too much of an exhibit.

After I turned on my cam, I did a few moves--nothing too crazy. I'm a gentleman after all.

MADMAN26: Where did you get that whipped cream?
ME: From my Classy Closet. That's where the feather boa came from too.
MADMAN26: Wow, they're going to love that.
ME: Who's 'they?'
MADMAN26: Everyone in Providence that has a computer.

That's when the photo of who I was really talking to popped on the screen.

LIAM: Hey there, Carter.
SETTER: That was one hell of a performance.

Maybe I should have gone for pizza after all.

No comments: