Thursday, February 4, 2010

That Old Mistake

Hi, my name is Carter.

ADAM: This was a mistake.
ME: It always is.

I just hooked up with Adam, the new guy.

We ran into each other at Prisms. He seemed pretty upset.

ME: You look upset.
ADAM: I am.
ME: What's wrong?
ADAM: Joey broke up with me.
ME: Were you two dating?
ADAM: Sort of. We were sleeping together on a regular basis.
ME: Wow, I must be dating like seven people.

Adam and I talked for a little bit more, then we ended up drinking, then we ended up dancing, then we ended up--

ADAM: Oh God...I don't think I was supposed to sleep with you.
ME: Yeah, it's usually not a good idea. But people do it anyway.

Looks like I got to Adam just in time. Once people hear about my unfair reputation, they avoid me.

It totally kills my game.

ADAM: You're not going to tell anyone about this, right?
ME: Nooo....

I didn't tell him I already put it as my Facebook status.

A boy's gotta have his secrets.

No comments: