Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Not-So-Perky Wallflower

Hi, my name is Jackson.

BILLY: Hey roomie.

I have a secret.

Granted, I probably shouldn't have kept it to myself this long, because I wasn't exactly sure when to disclose it.

Now that Billy plans on moving in, thereby making my living space that much smaller, I think the time has come.

Plus, I don't think the little bitch likes me very much anyway.

ME: Billy, can we chat for a second?
BILLY: Sure, what about?
ME: Oh, I don't know--about how you called Travis and told him where we were.

He dropped his box of books right on the floor.

Jeremy poked his head into the bedroom.

JEREMY: Everything okay in here?
BILLY: Yup. Jackson is just helping me unpack.
ME: Yup. Just helping him get a load off.
JEREMY: Wow, jail must have had the same affect on you that it had on Martha Stewart, Jackson.
ME: You're right. My swan napkins have gotten a lot more intricate.

Jeremy laughed and went back to the kitchen to make dinner.

BILLY: How did you--
ME: Remember at the cabin when one of Travis' goons had to take me to the bathroom so I wouldn't try escaping?
BILLY: You were traumatized.
ME: Not really. He was kind of cute. Anyway, I overheard him talking with the other goon, and apparently you're the one who made the phone call to Travis.
BILLY: No, Jackson. We were outed by the Wilde Blog.
VOICE: Travis tipped off the Wilde Blog.

We both turned to see Paige standing in the doorway.

PAIGE: Wilde just posted it today. Travis found out about the cabin from a CBQ, then he sent a tip to the blog.
BILLY: Ew, what sick scum would post something like that?
PAIGE: A sick scum that's seen her blog's viewership go up fifty percent since then.

Silence.

PAIGE: Sooo...you were the one who ratted everyone out?
BILLY: I'm not having this discussion.
ME: Oh yes, you are. You could have gotten us killed.
BILLY: I just wanted the whole thing to be over. Travis was supposed to take Davis and leave.
VOICE: So you were going to get me killed?

Oh that's right. Someone invited Davis over for dinner.

Who could have done that?

DAVIS: Billy, what's wrong with you?
BILLY: We were all paying for your mistakes.
DAVIS: So you decide to make a deal with an insane person?
BILLY: At least I didn't date him.
ME: Oh, you are so not staying here anymore.
BILLY: Oh really?

Billy slammed the door shut, then turned to all of us.

BILLY: Let's get something straight, Jeremy has loved me for a very long time, and I love him. And I'm not losing him because his wacko brother, slutty best friend, and fag hag sister don't like me. If you want to tell him I called Travis, go ahead. Just be sure that after you do, he won't forgive me, because if he does, I'll make sure he cuts you all out of his life for good. Remember that.

Then, with a smile, he opened the door, and walked out.

PAIGE: We can't say anything.
ME: The hell we can't.
DAVIS: She's right, Jackson. Jeremy loves Billy too much. Even if he did side with us, it would destroy him.
ME: I'm willing to take that chance.

I started to walk away, but Davis grabbed my arm.

DAVIS: No way.
ME: Davis, let go of me.
DAVIS: You're not breaking your brother's heart over this. It's done. Travis is gone. Let's just forget it.
ME: But Billy--
PAIGE: Davis is right, Jackson. Just let it go.

They both walked out of the room--ready to go have dinner with Jeremy and the newest resident of Melrose Place.

Davis and Paige may be giving up, but I don't plan on waving a white flag unless there's blood on it.

No comments: