Friday, January 7, 2011

Nathan's Back at School

Hi, my name is Nathan.

VOICE: Hey!

When I turn around, there's a boy with ridiculously long hair staring back at me.

VOICE: You're cute. I'm Patrick.

This is what I get for not transferring.

After getting brainwashed by a group of nutbags from Rhode Island College, my family sent me away to a detox facility in Pasadena.

I hadn't planned on coming back, but I missed most of the application dates for other schools, so now here I am trying to lay low while completing the credits I need to graduate.

It isn't easy avoiding the CBQ's still on-campus. That's how I wound up in an Appreciation of Theater class that only freshman and non-majors take.

PATRICK: Are you single?

And now I'm getting hit on by kids who were in high school last year while I was attempting to kill one of my friends.

ME: I actually just got out of a cult. Sorry.
PATRICK: Sorry? Why sorry? That's hot.

I'm surprised this kid wasn't sleeping with Jackson already.

That was when I noticed my phone vibrating.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM JOEY: Did I see you on the quad earlier?

Dammit, I knew I should have worn bigger sunglasses.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM ME: Yeah, I'm back. It's a secret though, okay?

A few seconds later.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM JOEY: I missed you.

Good to know I still have one friend left in town.

But even Joey's unsure about whether or not it was me who shot Jeremy.

And unfortunately I can't clear anything up for awhile.

No comments: