Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Adam's Bad Memory

Hi, my name is Adam.

PAIGE: You remember, don't you?

I had a feeling she wasn't talking about our coffee date.

Paige showed up at my apartment right before the blizzard was supposed to start looking determined.

I guess Jeremy spiraling out-of-control had an affect on her.

PAIGE: He needs to know what happened.
ME: I told you. I don't remember.
PAIGE: He's going to figure it out.
ME: Let him then. It's none of my business.
PAIGE: But you saw it!
ME: I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!

Joey came out from the bedroom.

JOEY: Is everything okay?
ME: Yeah, it's fine. I'll meet you at the club, okay?
PAIGE: You're going out in the storm?
JOEY: There's a Blizzard Party at Davis' club.
PAIGE: What if you get stranded there?
ME: Better than getting stranded here.
JOEY: Gee, thanks.

I feel like I always put my foot in my mouth around Joey. Even though he's my boyfriend, I feel like I'm still trying to win him over.

He went downstairs to warm up the car, and I tried to convince Paige that I really don't remember anything.

I'm not lying. That night's really hazy.

JACKSON: Someone get an ambulance!

Even if I did remember everything, do I really want to tick off whoever put a bullet in Jeremy?

ME: I'm sorry, Paige, but I can't help.
PAIGE: Fine. Then you leave me no choice.
ME: Huh?

That was when she pulled out the photos.

PAIGE: Now, should we talk or do I go show these to Joey?

I realized that I better start remembering really soon.

No comments: