Monday, January 24, 2011

Just Not the Flinstone Kind

Hi, my name is Ben.

ME: How's he doing?
JEREMY: They don't know. They don't even know how this happened.

When I heard Davis got rushed to the hospital, I got there as fast as I could. Unfortunately, that meant having to bring along my new intern.

NATHAN: What happened?
JACKSON: I see you brought the assassin.
ME: Shut up, Jackson. You've thrown people out of cars.
HANK: He means me.
JEREMY: Ben, can I talk to you for a second?

He pulled me aside. There was no way I was going to let him lecture me on bringing Nathan here when he brought his human yo-yo to the theater.

ME: Look, he and I were meeting about--
JEREMY: It's not about Nathan.
ME: Really?
JEREMY: Believe it or not, there are bigger problems.
ME: Like what?
JEREMY: I told everyone that the doctors weren't updating us, but that's not true. When we first got in, I told them that I was Davis brother and I didn't tell them about Hank.
ME: Okay, but what--
JEREMY: Davis hasn't been taking his medication, Ben.

As he was saying this, I could see the bottle of pills in his hand.

ME: Then what are those?

Jeremy held them up as if holding up a bloody knife.

ME: Vitamins.

So much for those keeping you out of the hospital.

No comments: