Sunday, February 5, 2012

Unfinished Business

Hi, my name is Nathan.

And this is something you should know about me:

I take care of business.

Unfinished business makes me very, very unhappy.

That's how I wound up at the mall, heading to the roof of the parking garage, ready to put a bullet in a masked gunman.

Believe it or not, I've done worse.

When I get to the roof, I wait inside until I can find a good moment to rush the guy.

Luckily, his back is to me, and I can see Jackson, Jeremy, and Paige standing around him looking stunned.

Then I see why.

ME: Bart?

Bart's the gunman?

ME: Shit.

That complicates things.

I could tell you why, but then I'd have to kill you.

Either way, I couldn't take the chance of Bart telling people about my little side career.

That meant he had to go down.

I pushed open the door, and screamed out--

ME: BART!

He turned around.

I closed my eyes.

And fired.

No comments: