Saturday, February 4, 2012

Never Forget a Face

Hi, my name is Jackson.

JEREMY: Bart?

It seems as though our kidnapper isn't a stranger after all.

BART: Welcome back, Jeremy.
JEREMY: Suddenly this all makes sense.
ME: Aren't you in prison?
BART: Oh, y'all didn't get the memo? I'm out on good behavior.

Considering he had a gun in his hand, and was about to make me and my siblings jump off the roof of a parking garage, I'm thinking the days of good behavior were over.

PAIGE: Why did you do all this?
BART: Because with all the fame the CBQ's have gotten over the years, who do you think looks the worst?
JEREMY: Ben?
ME: Joey?
PAIGE: Jackson?
ME: Hey!
BART: Me!

I told Jeremy he should have changed Bart's name to something more indistinguishable than Burt.

BART: So there I am, stuck in prison, branded a lunatic and a catty bitch. I was getting hate mail everyday when I wasn't getting fought over by two three hundred pound Russian mobsters named Ivan and Screw.
PAIGE: Is Screw a Russian name?
ME: It was probably a nickname, Paige.

Bart laughed--not so much at my joke, just in that sort of "I haven't taken my meds" kind of way.

BART: The only way I'm ever going to be able to start a new life for myself is if I get rid of the CBQ legacy.

He pointed a gun at Jeremy.

BART: And that means the celebrated author is going over the edge.

I looked at my brother and realized it might be the last time I see him alive.

No comments: