Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Make Our Garden Grow

Hi, my name is Joey.

ME: We'd like to invite you to join our relationship.
ADAM: You're kidding right.

I told Ken that Adam wouldn't go for this, but he's a big fan, and Morgan's been talking about bringing in someone new anyway. I figured Adam wouldn't be the worst choice. It was either him or that barista in Wayland Square, who always calls me 'Sweetass.'

MORGAN: There are a lot of benefits to being in a mutli-partnered relationship.
ADAM: Like what? The fact that you don't need to invite anyone over to have a board game night?
KEN: We also have our own Book Club.
ADAM: Joey, how did you even get involved in this?

It's a long story.

Morgan met me at a bar one night, and he and Ken took me home. Then they asked if I wanted to stay, and I said sure.

Okay, I guess the story isn't as long as I thought.

ME: It's worked out really well for me.

Adam stood up.

ADAM: Okay, you're leaving with me.
ME: What?
KEN: Oh cool! Where are we going?
ADAM: You're not going anywhere, Ken. Joey and I are leaving together.
ME: I can't do that!
ADAM: Joey, I'm rich now. I can put you up in the nicest hotel in Providence until you get things straightened out. But I'm not leaving you to sit here in this gay compound.

Morgan stood up.

MORGAN: I don't care how rich you are. Chances are, I'm richer.
ADAM: But do you have a Tony?
MORGAN: I did, but he moved to San Diego.
ADAM: I hope you're joking.
KEN: No, he really liked zoos.

I had to put a stop to this.

ME: Adam, I can't leave with you. These are my boyfriends now.
KEN: And as soon as the government stops being so prejudiced and allows polygamous gay marriage, we're all going to be husbands.
ADAM: Oh, what a bright future that will be.

Morgan grabbed Adam by his shirt.

MORGAN: It's time for you to go.
ADAM: Get your hand off me!

Adam shoved Morgan. Morgan shoved back. Ken and I tried to get between them, but somehow Ken got shoved into the coffee table, and Adam landed a punch on Morgan that knocked him out.

Then he grabbed my arm.

ADAM: We're leaving.

I said 'Yes.' Only because I didn't want to be there when Morgan woke up.

No comments: