Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Don't Like Your Tone

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

ME: I have a few questions of my own, Nathan.

Leave it to the one guy who decided not to participate in the reunion to make all the trouble.

Nathan showed up at the studio the day of the big CBQ show to ask me about a check I'd written out to Bart.

NATHAN: Ask anything you want.
ME: How did you find the check?
NATHAN: Bart mailed it to me.
ME: Why would he do that?
NATHAN: I was hoping you could tell me. I was also hoping you could tell me why you wrote a check to Bart for ten thousand dollars.
ME: I'm not sure that's any of your business.
NATHAN: Considering he tried to kill all of us--
ME: And you shot him. Mr. Hero that you are. So why don't we just let all this go?
NATHAN: No can do.

Famous last words.

I took the book out of my drawer and let it fall on the desk.

ME: Stuff like this costs big money, wouldn't you say?

Nathan's mouth dropped, but he recovered fast.

NATHAN: What's that?

I laughed.

ME: That is the reason you'll be coming on the reunion today, Nathan.

And it was worth every penny.

No comments: