Thursday, February 2, 2012

Public Policy

Hi, my name is Ben.

ME: Mr. Mayor--

It's been a long time since Davis and I had a rumble.

ME: --We need to talk.

But if I remember correctly, I won more often than I lost.

We had just arrived at the man where the gunman was holding three people hostage--one of them probably Paige and the other two Jeremy, Jackson, Ritchie, or who knows who?

Rescue teams were still digging through the rubble which used to be Prisms looking for whomever might have still been in the building when it collapsed.

I couldn't think about Jeremy being underneath all that debris. Believe it or not, my best hope was that he was being held hostage by a maniac.

ME: Davis, you can't just rush onto that roof with guns blazing.
DAVIS: Ben, we've tried being nice. Nice didn't work. Now, we need to end this.
LIAM: He's right. We can't keep accruing collateral damage. He's taken this to the mall, for godsakes!
ME: Oh right, Providence's number one landmark.
DAVIS: I know you're worried he might have Jeremy up there. I am, too. But the only way we're going to get him back is to take this guy down.
ME: And he could take the hostages out with him!
LIAM: We have to take that chance.
ME: Nobody's talking to you!
DAVIS: This isn't going to be a--

But before he could continue, a body landed two feet from us.

ME: Did that just come from the roof?

Everyone went rushing to see who the body belonged to, but I just looked up at the roof to see who might be up there--

--Looking down on us.

No comments: