Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some Animals Eat Their Young

Hi, my name is Hank.

ME: The important thing is that she didn't mean to shoot you.

I never thought I'd hear myself say that sentence.

What am I saying? With this group, there are no guarantees.

After establishing that he and Paige are siblings, Nathan dropped an even bigger bomb.

He revealed who shot Jeremy.

JEREMY: Mom, how could you do this?

Yup.

Mommie Dearest pulled the trigger.

JOAN: Sweetie, I wasn't aiming for you.
ME: She was aiming for Davis.
JOAN: He had hired a detective. I thought he knew about Nathan. I was afraid he would tell someone.
JACKSON: So you were going to shoot him?
JOAN: A mother does desperate things to protect her children.
JEREMY: You can understand how I might take issue with the word 'protect' since you SHOT ME!

Joan was having better luck winning over her non-relatives.

BEN: Look, it's all done with, right? Why don't we just let it go?
JEREMY: Let it go? You want me to let of the fact that my own mother shot me?
PAIGE: Or that she's been framing Nathan for it?
NATHAN: Well, not exactly.

All eyes turned to Nathan.

NATHAN: I saw her do it.
ME: That's right. So why didn't you say anything?
NATHAN: I didn't want to screw up your family, especially after I found out that we're sort of...connected.
JACKSON: Ah yes, six degrees of insanity.
JEREMY: Enough of this. I'm calling the cops.

Joan jumped in front of him.

JEREMY: Move, mother.
JOAN: Darling, think about what you're doing.
JEREMY: I'm preventing you from ruining my life any more than you already have.
JOAN: You'll be putting the final nail in the coffin of this family!
JACKSON: Jeremy, do you want to use my cell phone?
JOAN: You can't do this!
JEREMY: Paige, you get the last vote.

We all looked at Paige.

PAIGE: Hey, she's not my mother.

Joan bolted for the door.

BEN: Somebody stop her.

We all ran into the hallway to see her fly down the stairs.

I managed to get ahead of the pack, but as soon as I was outside, I heard the brakes screech, and the sickening sound of a body hitting the pavement.

By the time everyone else was outside, I was already on the phone with the ambulance.

JEREMY: What happened?
ME: Ask him.

I pointed to the driver of the car that hit Joan.

BILLY: She just ran out in front of me.

What?

Are you surprised?

No comments: