Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keep It in the Family

Hi, my name is Nathan.

PAIGE: What about this guy?

My new sister is trying to set me up on a date.

ME: Paige, I am not ready to start dating again--or ever.

She and I were hanging out at her apartment where she was trying to find me a date online. She's still living with Jeremy and Jackson, since moving her in with the Burrows under the eyes of my brother didn't seem like such a great idea.

Besides, she was Jeremy and Jackson's sister for her entire life. I don't think she's totally processed that they're no longer related.

PAIGE: You need some positive energy in your life.
ME: I need to learn to supply myself with the positive energy instead of relying on someone else for that.
PAIGE: You know, maybe it's because we haven't been related very long, but I can't understand a thing you're saying.

Knock, knock.

Jackson appeared in the doorway.

JACKSON: Paige, I'm going to the supermarket. Do you want anything?
PAIGE: No, but bring back Nathan a date.
JACKSON: She's butting into your personal life, huh?
ME: Yeah.
JACKSON: Congratulations. She's officially your sister.
PAIGE: Excuse me for trying to make everybody happy!
JACKSON: The happiest I've ever seen Nathan was when he was in that wheelchair and Jeremy was besties with him. If you want him to be happy again, push him out the window. Later.

Once he was gone, I got to thinking about it, and he was right. When I was around Jeremy all the time, I really was very happy.

ME: Hey Paige--
PAIGE: I'm already way ahead of you. When Jeremy comes back from New York, I'm going to fix my two brothers up with each other!

Glad to see nothing's complicated about that.

No comments: