Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Do I Look Like Mighty Mouse?

Hi, my name is Ben.

IVAN: Helloooooo Prisms!

The snowmobile has arrived.

JEREMY: Ben, what are you doing here?
IVAN: Maybe he's trying to give us a run for our money.
ME: Ivan, can I talk to you for a second?

When Jackson called me to tell me that Jeremy was heading to Prisms to take on some sort of stupid challenge, I was already downtown working at the theater.

ME: I'll go check it out.

It seems to me like Ivan has been a big part of Jeremy's downward spiral, so I decided that I needed to have a little heart-to-heart with him.

IVAN: What can I help you with, champ?

...Or maybe a fist-to-face.

ME: Um, first off--
IVAN: Wow, presumptuous.
ME: Huh?
IVAN: That you're going to get a 'second of all' in here. We're kind of on a mission, champ.
ME: Okay, no more champ. And, I will get in as many 'of all's as I want, because you are seriously screwing up my business partner.
IVAN: Oh right, your business partner.
ME: Do I detect italics there?
IVAN: Look, I know why you showed up here. You thought your friend needed rescuing, but here's a surprise: He's fine. He needs this right now, okay? He needs a little fun. You CBQ's are all too damn serious.
ME: Hey kitten, here's a surprise: Jeremy was always the serious one of the group. He's the one who kept us all in line.
IVAN: Then maybe he needed a break.

As if to prove his point, we both heard a yell from the bar.

There was Jeremy, dancing--fulfilling the Wilde challenge.

JEREMY: Hey Ben! I'm five hundred bucks richer!
BEN: Not really something you want to yell out at a bar!

Ivan shot me a "See he's fine" look.

IVAN: Maybe what he really needs is some space.

He shrugged, and walked away.

As much as I hate to say it, maybe he has a point.

No comments: