Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back to New York

Hi, my name is Jeremy.

BEN: So are we going to uncover any deep dark secrets from when you lived here that summer?
ME: You mean aside from the crazy drug dealer who tracked me down in Rhode Island?
BEN: That's the best you've got?

Ben and I had just arrived in New York

We were desperate to produce a hit play in Rhode Island, but all the major theaters have frozen the rights on the big name plays.

That means we needed to circumvent the system.

And that meant going right to the author.

BEN: I still think Nathan and I should have done this by ourselves.
ME: I am the co-founder of the theater--
BEN: You're on parole, kid. Until you've spent more time on the wagon, I'm the one calling the shots.

Waking up in the emergency room with alcohol poisoning is a bit of a wake-up call. Now it's been two weeks since I've had a drink or any other substance, and it's been--

VOICE: Well look who it is.

--Difficult.

RITCHIE: What are you boys doing here?

Ritchie and I haven't spoken since the night he saved my life, but I think it's safe to say a truce is in place.

BEN: We're courting an author.
ME: We want to produce 'Dominoes' by Sam Tyler.
BEN: What are you doing here?

Ritchie held up a paperback copy of 'Dominoes.'

RITCHIE: I've been thinking about becoming a producer.

What was that about a truce?

No comments: