Monday, February 28, 2011

The Road to ACTF

Hi, my name is Adam.

ME: This bus smells like Patrick's dorm room.
PATRICK: Please, as if you would know.

We were all on our way to ACTF in Maine, and it had not been an easy ride.

Billy and Jackson were fighting which was upsetting to Simon because one was his best friend and the other was his boyfriend.

SIMON: Billy, can't you see I'm really happy?
BILLY: Of course you are, you're dating the second biggest slut in school.
JACKSON: Hey! Wait, who's the biggest?
JOEY: I think he's talking about me.
BILLY: Ding ding ding.

Joey wasn't speaking to Billy or Patrick, who were now dating--a fact that wasn't lost on me since I still wasn't over Joey.

ME: How does it feel being a life-ruiner, Patrick?
PATRICK: Feels great. Must be because I can have whoever I want.
JONATHAN: Billy, are you listening to this? I can't believe you left me for him.
BILLY: Look, I'm just having fun, okay?
HANK: Have fun catching herpes.
BILLY: Shut up, Hank!

Everybody was so busy fighting, they barely noticed when the bus swerved to the right a little bit.

MURRAY: Guys, calm down back there!
ME: Is something wrong with the bus?
MURRAY: I'm sure it's just a--

That's when I noticed the bridge.

ME: Murray, tell the driver we have to turn left!
DRIVER: There's something wrong! The wheel won't turn!
JACKSON: Then hit the brakes!
DRIVER: Nothing's working!

We were picking up speed.

HANK: Do something!
MURRAY: Everybody just stay calm!
PATRICK: Fuck that! We're going to die!
JONATHAN: Maybe we can jump?
BILLY: Jump from where?

The bus went right through the barricade. We were going over the edge.

MURRAY: Everybody hang on!

The last thing I remember before the bus went down was someone yelling to open the back door, and thinking that the water was going to be very, very cold.

No comments: