Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rescue Me

Hi, my name is Jackson.

ME:  Does anyone care that I'm about to die?

I can be a little dramatic sometimes.

My brother and I were doing a little housework when a giant pole came barreling through his bedroom window with handy dandy deadly electrical wires attached.

ME:  This shit is only supposed to happen in later seasons of bad Aaron Spelling dramas!

It's quite sad when your own life has jumped the shark.

VOICE:  Hello?
ME:  HELP!  I'M IN HERE!

Wow, and it only took Jeremy two hours to get help.  I haven't had this much adrenaline running through me for this long since that camping trip with the boy who looked like Justin Chatwin.

ME:  WHOEVER YOU ARE, I LOVE YOU!

Hank appeared in the doorway.

ME:  'Love' might be a bit strong.
HANK:  How did this happen?
ME:  Your prayers were answered, Hank.  God wants me dead.
HANK:  I want you dead!  You stole my blackmail!
ME:  I'm not sure that sentence works.
HANK:  Wilde just posted a revised hook-up list.  You're number one now.

What?  You thought I was going to let Hank stay number one once I knew Wilde's identity?  Have you never heard the phrase 'Two gays can play that game?'

ME:  I'm really sorry, Hank, but I'm also in peril.
HANK:  I can see that.
ME:  Are you going to go get help?
HANK:  I'm thinking about it.
ME:  Did you at least run into Jeremy?
HANK:  Should I have?
ME:  I sent him out of here two hours ago!
HANK:  Maybe he's on the stairs.  The elevator is broken.
ME:  Or maybe he's on the elevator, you idiot!
HANK:  You're not helping your case here.

He opened his arms and braced himself.

ME:  What are you doing?
HANK:  I need you to jump into my arms.
ME:  Like Hell I am!
HANK:  Jackson, unless you want to risk one of those wires getting blown over to your side of this room, then I would jump.
ME:  And if I land on the wires?
HANK:  I'll stretch my arms out so that you only need to jump a little bit and I'll pull you the rest of the way.
ME:  How do you know you can do that?
HANK:  I've been the strong ensemble guy in at least eight musicals.  If I can lift up Sherry St. Cloud in Kiss Me, Kate, I can pull you over to me.

All of a sudden, I felt so tired.  The wind and rain was blowing into the room.  I was soaking wet and my brother was probably trapped in the elevator.

Then I remembered--

ME:  You didn't run into Ben either, did you?
HANK:  Again, why would I--
ME:  Oh my God!  Ben and Jeremy are trapped in the elevator together!
HANK:  Are you serious?
ME:  They'll kill each other!
HANK:  JUMP NOW!

I leapt up and felt Hank's arms grab me as we both fell back and landed on the floor.

ME:  Wow, I'm alive.

That was when the floor gave way and I felt us both drop down a level and land on a couch.  I looked up to see Mrs. Critzy sitting in her armchair with her cat.

ME:  You really do plan on dying in this apartment, don't you, Critzy?
MRS. CRITZY:  My Ditty didn't feel like leaving.
HANK:  I hope she's talking about her cat.

One CBQ saved, another two to go.

No comments: