Sunday, February 22, 2009

Aren't We A Pair?

Hi, my name is Joey.

ELI:  If I die with you, I'm pretty sure we have to spend eternity together.

. . . . .

ME:  HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Eli and I had been walking for hours, because we had driven to the club in Nathan's car and now it was nowhere to be found.  Either it had been washed away during the storm, or he had managed to save Carter and get him home safely.

So yeah, washed away, I'm guessing.

ELI:  Where are we walking to?
ME:  The IHOP.
ELI:  Why?
ME:  Because it's 5am, life sucks, and the world is a horrible place.  That means we have to go to the IHOP.  It's the only thing that makes sense anymore.

We were reached the international place of breakfast a half hour later.  The line wasn't as long as it normally is, because half the city was still dealing with the storm's aftermath.

It had been the longest we'd gone without fighting since Eli sabotaged my show, but both of us were so tired, nothing seemed to matter aside from eating scrambled eggs and being sullen.

After we were seated, I used the men's room, and then came back and sat down.

VOICE:  Oh great.

We looked over to see Skyler sitting at the table across from us with some girl.

SOME GIRL:  Who are they?
SKYLER:  They're the bitches who ruined my show.
ELI:  Beg your pardon?
SKYLER:  I was hoping you two got lost in the flood.
ME:  Um, we almost did.
ELI:  Apparently you didn't.
SKYLER:  I don't club in Providence.  That's so spesh.
ME:  Spesh?
SOME GIRL:  Special--for special people.
ELI:  Who's that?  Your familiar?
SKYLER:  So are you two dating or something?
ELI:  Ewwwww!
ME:  Uggghhhh.
ELI:  I know.
ME:  No, ugghhh.

My head was starting to spin.  I couldn't seem to keep my focus on anything.

SKYLER:  Joey, what's wrong?
ME:  I...uh...
SOME GIRL:  Did he have anything to drink tonight?
SKYLER:  That Phantom Roofier is still out there.
ME:  I didn't have anything to drink.  I only had water just--

Then I realized that I had just had the water that the waitress brought.  And Eli was the only one still sitting at the table.

I looked at him, and he seemed to have a...cruel expression on his face.

Could he be...?

ELI:  Trying to steal the show again, huh?

Oh God...

I fell down onto the floor and felt my eyes closing as someone called for an ambulance.  I knew there was no way an ambulance was getting there with the city in its current condition.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw another familiar face.

ME:  Cal?

And it was gone.

No comments: