Monday, January 21, 2008

Young Boy

Hi, my name is Carter.

BART: GET OUT!

I am being thrown out.

Knock, Knock.

DAVIS: Yes?
ME: Is Jeremy here?
DAVIS: No.
ME: Can I come in?
DAVIS: Maybe you didn't hear me. He's not here.
ME: I'm just a little drunk. I need to sober up.
DAVIS: I don't really feel comfortable--
ME: Aren't you John Davis?
DAVIS: How do you know who I am? Did Jeremy tell you?
ME: I read about you in the Wilde Blog.
DAVIS: Oh great--
ME: Can I please just come in?

He stepped aside and I went into the apartment. I took a seat on the couch, and triedd to calm down. No matter what I tried, I couldn't stop shaking.

I almost had sex with a guy.

DAVIS: Are you okay?
ME: Why wouldn't I be?
DAVIS: You look really upset.
ME: I'm just horny.
DAVIS: What?
ME: Sorry, when I drink I say weird things.
DAVIS: That's okay. When I drink I have sex with weird people.
ME: Really?
DAVIS: No. Do you want some coffee?
ME: No, I'm okay.

He's really hot. No wonder that blog says he sleeps around. There are probably a lot of people who want to get him in bed.

I bet I could get him in bed.

Ugh, no. Bad idea. He knows Jeremy. Jeremy is a big mouth. Jeremy knows everyone.

DAVIS: Jeremy won't be home for awhile.
ME: Oh, cool. I mean, maybe I should go.
DAVIS: I can't let you leave.
ME: What?
DAVIS: Not while you're drunk. It wouldn't be responsible.
ME: Gotcha.
DAVIS: Do you want a drink?
ME: But you just said--
DAVIS: As long as you're drunk, you might as well keep it going.
ME: But I thought--
DAVIS: How old are you?
ME: 28?
DAVIS: Excellent. I'd hate to break the law. I think we have a few Coronas somewhere...

He got us our drinks, and sat down next to me on the couch. I started hearing music, but I didn't know where it was coming from. Everything was kind of woozy.

Take it easy
Take it easy
Better slow down, boy

That's no way to go
Does your mother know?


DAVIS: Do you like ABBA?
ME: Is he the bartender at Splice?
DAVIS: It's a band.
ME: Oh...sorry.

He was getting closer to me. I could feel myself getting warmer. This was the guy everybody talked about, and he was leaning in closer and closer--

JEREMY: Excuse me?

I jumped up off the couch and fell over the side onto the floor.

ME: Ouch.

Jeremy looked mad.

JEREMY: Okay, party's over.
DAVIS: What party? We were just talking.
JEREMY: Carter, are you drunk?
ME: Nooooo.
JEREMY: Terrific. I've got a drunken little black boy in my loft and my roommate is feeding him Coronas.
ME: I'm not black. I'm caramel.
JEREMY: You're leaving.
DAVIS: He's drunk. He can't leave.
JEREMY: Carter, what's the second letter of the alphabet?
ME: Beeeeeee.
JEREMY: There, he'll be fine.
DAVIS: Jeremy!
JEREMY: Or he can sleep out in the hallway. Or at Bart and Joey's.
ME: I already tried that.
DAVIS: What?
JEREMY: Point is, he's not staying here. He's underage, he's drunk, and he's vulnerable.
DAVIS: From what?
JEREMY: Carter, wait outside. I'll take you home.
ME: I don't wanna--
JEREMY: Go!

This was the second apartment I'd be kicked out of today.

While I was out in the hallway, I could hear Jeremy and Davis arguing.

JEREMY: What the hell were you thinking?
DAVIS: I was just having a little fun, Jeremy. Relax.
JEREMY: Do you know how old that boy is?
DAVIS: He said he was 28. A little old for me, but--
JEREMY: This isn't funny. He's in the closet. You could have traumatized him.
DAVIS: He would have loved it.
JEREMY: You really didn't think he was a little young for you?
DAVIS: Age doesn't matter.
JEREMY: Yeah, that's what old perverts and twinks looking for sugar daddies say.

I didn't want to listen to anymore. I decided to walk home. But when I got to the elevator it opened, and Joey came out.

Joey's so cute.

JOEY: Carter?

I kissed him. I don't know why. I just wanted to attach to somebody. To feel connected.

The next thing I remember is somebody pulling me off of him. I think it was--

JOEY: Bart, stop!

Then Davis and Jeremy's door opened and the two of them came running out. Davis was pulling Bart off of me, and Joey and Jeremy were standing over me saying my name over and over again.

But all I could hear was...

The winner takes it all

No comments: