Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meet Adam

Hi, my name is Adam.

PAIGE: Don't you--
ME: Stop!

This is my best friend, Paige.

ME: You are a plane crashing into a train falling into the ocean.
PAIGE: I only sang two words.
ME: I needed you to stop at word one.

I'm helping her with her song for class tomorrow using support and encouragement.

PAIGE: What do you suggest I do?
ME: End your life?

I'm rather honest.

Knock, knock.

JEREMY: Paige?
PAIGE: Jeremy, I'm practicing.
JEREMY: Sorry, but I think Mom might have attempted suicide again.
PAIGE: Don't worry. I replaced all her pills with Flintstone vitamins.
JEREMY: Okay then, carry on.
ME: Aren't you going to say hi?
JEREMY: I'm sorry, who are you?

Paige laughed.

PAIGE: Adam, you met Jackson last time. This is Jeremy.
JEREMY: You didn't tell him you had twin brothers.
PAIGE: Ew, no. People get creeped out by that.

I was little creeped out--not gonna lie.

JEREMY: I'm Jeremy.
ME: I'm Adam.
JEREMY: You're not going too hard on my sister, are you?
ME: Not at all.
JEREMY: Haha, good. Nice to meet you.

He walked off.

ME: Alright, Paige. Try not to suck this time.

Paige flopped down on her bed.

PAIGE: I'm bored. Want to go out?
ME: I'm not in the mood.
PAIGE: I'll drive and buy you pancakes afterwards.
ME: I'll get my coat.

We head off to Prisms for karaoke night. Once we were there, I started getting hit on by this hot guy.

ME: Coming out tonight? Great idea.
PAIGE: I know that guy you were talking to.
ME: Is his name Adam's Future Husband?
PAIGE: No, it's Ritchie. He's my brother's friend.
ME: Is he nice?
PAIGE: None of my brother's friends are nice.
ME: Whatev's. He's cute.

Ritchie came over and asked me if I needed a ride home.

PAIGE: Actually, your stuff is still at my house so--
ME: Burn it. Later.
PAIGE: Bye.

When we got back to Ritchie's place, he asked if he could take a shower.

Coincidentally, I also needed a shower.

There we were--making out, shampooing, trying to make sure we both got equal amounts of water.

Then--

VOICE: Ritchie, did you get soda before--Oh my God!
RITCHIE: Joey!
JOEY: Sorry! So sorry!

His roommate had wandered into the bathroom, but ran back out again.

RITCHIE: Sorry that was roommate.
ME: Oh, it's totally okay.

Actually, it was more than okay.

His roommate was really cute.

I made a mental note to remember his name.

And to ask Paige about him.

No comments: