Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Don't Fall in Love with a Ghost

Hi, my name is Ritchie.

JOEY: Hey Ritchie.

You know, at first it was a little annoying not to be living alone anymore.

JOEY: I made dinner.

But my roommate has sort of--

ME: Oh, you're so sweet.

--Grown on me.

JOEY: So what did you do tonight?
ME: Slept with Carter again.
JOEY: How was that?
ME: Eh, my heart's not really in it anymore.
JOEY: That's because you love a challenge.
ME: Please, Carter was never a challenge. Carter wasn't even a word jumble.

We sat down for dinner. Joey even lit a few candles.

ME: So are we ever going to tell people that you're alive?
JOEY: I'm just waiting for the right time.
ME: I guess we could always wait until Easter.

Joey's eyes got a little teary.

ME: Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you upset.
JOEY: It would just be a lot easier to do it if I had someone with me.
ME: You do. You have me.
JOEY: That's sweet, Ritchie.

He leaned across the table and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

JOEY: I forgot to bring out the bread.

The bread was what sold me.

I was falling in love with my dead roommate.

Isn't this when Grey's Anatomy jumped the shark?

No comments: