Monday, January 25, 2010

Liam's Revenge

Hi, my name is Carter.

ADAM: Hi, you're Carter, right?
ME: Maybe--do I owe you money?
ADAM: Um, no. I'm Adam. I go to school with you.
ME: Ohhhh, hey!

Tonight was my first night out in a long time. Now that I was single again--

RITCHIE: Hey Adam.
ADAM: Oh, hey Ritchie.

--Well, sort of single.

Ritchie and I were kinda seeing each other now, but it's weird because I don't really like him and I don't really think he likes me either. Plus, he seems to like spending a lot of time at home now.

ADAM: This place is lame.
RITCHIE: Yeah, Prisms is really only busy on Fridays and Saturdays.
ME: It's because of all the competition from that new club, Barada.
ADAM: Does Barada mean something?
RITCHIE: I think it means watered down drinks in Spanish.
ADAM: Ew, depressing. I wish there was a decent place to get drunk in Providence that didn't card.

Adam was starting to look really cute. Maybe it's because I reeeeeally didn't want to be there with Ritchie anymore, or maybe it was because I was drunk, or maybeeee--

VOICE: Hey Carter.

I thought maybe it was another one of my friends.

LIAM: Nice to see you.

But I was wrong.

ME: Oh, uh, hey Liam.

I freaked out a little at first, but then I remembered that Liam still thought it was his fault our relationship ended after he almost slept with Ritchie. He had no idea that I set up the whole thing up.

LIAM: I'm a little surprised to see you here with Ritchie.
RITCHIE: I'm a little surprised you're out on a school night.
ADAM: How old are you?
LIAM: Legal.
ADAM: Creepy.

Liam put his hand on my shoulder.

LIAM: Carter, I want to tell you something.
ME: It's okay, Liam. You don't have to apologize for almost cheating on me.
LIAM: I was actually going to say that you suck in bed and that you're a life parasite.
ME: Oh, well, I forgive you.
RITCHIE: Carter, were you--
LIAM: Don't bother, Ritchie. He never listens. Now I know why I wanted to stray. It's because sleeping with Carter is basically just watching him masturbate in front of a mirror.
ADAM: Ouch!

I was getting the impression he was saying I was bad in bed.

LIAM: Lucky for me, I have a new boyfriend who fulfills all my needs.
RITCHIE: Oh really? Where's this winner? Outside in a white van?
LIAM: No, he's at his new club--the one that's putting this place out of business.
ME: You mean Barada?
LIAM: Yup. I'm here to check out the competition, but now it just seems cruel.
RITCHIE: So who is the Mystery Man behind Barada?

Liam smiled--it scared me.

LIAM: I believe you guys know him. He used to be a big thing in Providence last year.
ADAM: Ohh, is it that Davis guy?
LIAM: God no.

And then he said--

LIAM: I'm dating Adam Setter.

I leaned and whispered to Ritchie.

ME: Isn't he supposed to be dead?
RITCHIE: 'Dead's become a really flexible term lately.

I wonder if Adam's forgiven me for almost getting him killed...

No comments: