Wednesday, March 11, 2009

That Girl

Hi, my name is Jackson.

ME: Are you ever planning on coming out of there?
JEREMY: No.

My brother has taken himself hostage.

After the Davis/Ben Disaster, Jeremy went back to our apartment and barricaded himself into his bedroom.

Ritchie and Hank had come over to try and coax him out, but it wasn't working so far.

HANK: It could be worse, Jeremy.

The door flew open and Jeremy--a very haggard Jeremy--appeared.

JEREMY: My best friend, after sleeping with the boy I pined for--for over a year--and also bedding my brother, had an affair with my enemy who I just learned to trust thereby negating my adulthood.
RITCHIE: Yes...but you could be a Rwandan.

The door was slammed shut.

ME: Way to go, Perky Polly.
HANK: I didn't hear you jumping in.

I knew what this was going to take, but I dreaded even saying it.

ME: Jeremy, if you don't come out of there. I'm calling her.

I heard an ominous silence, different from a merely mild silence.

The door opened slowly.

JEREMY: You wouldn't.
RITCHIE: Who's 'her?'
ME: I would.
JEREMY: You hate her.
ME: So do you.
JEREMY: So?
ME: So I have a feeling she can get you out of that room.
HANK: What are you two--
JEREMY: Jackson, no.
ME: Then stop being a sad, little hermit.
JEREMY: You're bluffing.
ME: Try me.

He came out of the room, and shut the door behind him.

RITCHIE: What just happened?
ME: What happened was I threatened to call Paige.
HANK: Who's Paige?
JEREMY: Our sister.
RITCHIE: There are more of you? Were you quintuplets?
ME: She's our younger sister. She's...
JEREMY: Trouble with a capital 'T' that rhymes with 'P' that stands for--
ME: Paige.

That was when I saw a glint in Hank's eyes, and I knew I'd made a horrible mistake.

No comments: