Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mr. Providence

Hi, my name is Carter.

JACKSON:  Let's begin.

I learned a new word today.

DAVIS:  I motion to throw out Jackson as President.

It's "subvert."

DAVIS:  Motion seconded?
JACKSON:  Sit down, Davis.
DAVIS:  Jackson, you have run this organization to absolutely no effect once I pulled out my assistance.
JACKSON:  Oh Davis, don't worry.  I was counting on you pulling out early.

This is fun.

DAVIS:  Can anyone explain why Carter is here?
ME:  I'm representing the shotboys.
DAVIS:  Shotboys need representation?
JACKSON:  Welcome to America, Davis.  Now stop trying to subvert my authority and sit down.

See?  Subvert.

DAVIS:  Since the disappearance of Adam Setter, no significant fundraiser or event has happened in Providence, and none are planned.
JACKSON:  On the contrary, we have one coming up next week.
DAVIS:  Oh really?  What would that be?
JACKSON:  The Mr. Providence competition.
DAVIS:  We already had our Mr. Gay Rhode Island competition.
JACKSON:  You mean that little pageant where you crown some tacky, trashy whore the best slut in the state?  I'm not interested in that.  I'm talking about RI-TRI getting itself a proper symbol of class and intellect.

That was when I knew I needed to win that pageant.  I've always wanted to be classy and intellectual.

DAVIS:  You can't possibly be putting this together in under a week?
JACKSON:  Watch me.
DAVIS:  Fine.  Then I'll be entering that pageant.  I've already won the tacky, trashy contest back when I was nineteen and the three consecutive years after that.  If you want to put a new title on the line, I'll take it.
JACKSON:  I don't know, Davis.  You haven't met our judges yet.
DAVIS:  You already have judges?

The doors to the boardroom opened to reveal Jeremy and Billy.

DAVIS:  Oh...
JACKSON:  Still think you can win?
DAVIS:  That's only two.  Who's the third judge?
JACKSON:  You're looking at him.

This was going to be easy.  All I had to do was sleep with Jeremy, Jackson, and Billy before next week.  Oh!  And get a new haircut for the publicity photos.

DAVIS:  Carter, why do you have a dumb grin on your face?
ME:  I'm just thinking of puppies.

But in my head, I was already practicing my acceptance speech.

No comments: