Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Showdown at Bitch Corral

Hi, my name is Billy.

HANK: This is getting us nowhere.

After going to Cal's house, his old place of work, and the house of anyone and everyone who knows him--he was still nowhere to be found.

Davis, Hank, Jackson and myself had met up at Jackson and Jeremy's apartment. We had been all over the state for the past few hours and we were exhausted. It was sometime in the morning, and Jeremy had been missing all night.

I was beyond panicked.

ME: Maybe we should try the police.
JACKSON: We can't. It hasn't been twenty-four hours.
ME: Twenty-four hours is too long to wait!
JACKSON: You think so? I picked that number arbitrarily, Billy. How many hours do you suggest we wait?
DAVIS: Let's not get snarky.
JACKSON: Shut up, Davis.

Jackson went into his kitchen. I followed him. Maybe I was looking for a fight just to let off some steam, but I was also sick of Jackson sneaking in his little comments whenever he felt like it.

ME: You know, everyone's just as scared as you are.
JACKSON: Because he's everyone's brother?
ME: You haven't exactly been a model twin, Jackson.
JACKSON: I've been a good a brother as you've been a virginal saint. Why don't we leave it at that?
ME: What is that supposed to mean?

Jackson pushed by me back into the living room.

HANK: Guys, stop. This isn't productive.
JACKSON: Billy, why are you even looking for Jeremy? Do you actually want to find him?
ME: How dare you ask me that.
JACKSON: Funny, because after he admitted that he screwed up in New York, you were one of the first people to toss him away.
ME: Don't you put that all on me. You were pissed too.
JACKSON: I have my reasons for having the relationship I have with my brother. You have nothing with him. Just a back-and-forth romance that's making everybody sea-sick.

Davis got in front of Jackson.

DAVIS: That's enough.
HANK: Whoa, step away from him, okay?
DAVIS: You going to take me on, Hank?
JACKSON: Sit down, Davis, or I'll let your new boyfriend know that you're already sick of having sex with him.

Davis stepped back looking mortified.

ME: What?
JACKSON: Don't worry. It's not like he told me that. It's just written all over his face. I'm sorry, Billy, but did you actually think you were going to be the boy who tamed John Davis? You don't tame men like him. He just wanted the coveted status of being the man who gets to see your overrated ass without the compensatory clothing on it once in awhile.

That was when I jumped over the couch and landed on top of him. I felt Hank trying to pull me off him, while Davis jumped on Hank and tried yanking him to the side.

ME: I'M SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU!

He got me right in the mouth and I felt myself spurting out blood. I rolled over onto my side. I looked up and Jackson was standing over me.

JACKSON: When we find my brother, I don't want you coming anywhere near him. You leave him alone from now on, do you understand me?
ME: That'll be up to him, Jackson.
DAVIS: Jesus Christ! Just say you'll leave him alone, Billy!
ME: That's easy for you, Davis! You're his best friend! You get him no matter what!
DAVIS: WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?
HANK: BECAUSE HE'S STILL IN LOVE WITH HIM! OBVIOUSLY!

Hank punched the wall, leaving a sizable dent in it.

Jackson sat down on the couch.

JACKSON: All you have is your saintly attitude, Billy. All you have is that you don't give it up as much as everyone else. I give it up all the time, and I still have more than that to hold onto. I have my intelligence. I have my charm. I have my--
DAVIS: Modesty?
JACKSON: Fuck you, Davis. I can't imagine what it must be like being you, Billy. Knowing that as soon as I go to third base with somebody, they're going to start trying to find a way to sneak back home. You're pathetic.

I just sat there holding my mouth, trying not to show how badly I was shaking. Jackson started to walk into his bedroom, when Davis' phone rang.

He answered it.

DAVIS: Guys, they think they found him.

I looked at Davis' face, but I couldn't read what he was thinking. I just knew it wasn't good.

No comments: